Skip to main content

April Blogging Challenge - 25


Y is for Yellowed Diary


In the dark corners of my room, hidden beneath those old treasure chests
Carefully hidden from the prying eyes, safely tucked in a faraway corner
Is a yellowed diary which holds my heart in pieces that you left me with.
It holds the love I had for you, with all the dreams we had seen together.
Some fragments of broken promises and some of false hopes.
Those pages witnessed all that we had been through shedding copious tears with me each night
When you find do hold it with all the love for it is fragile like the old memories it holds
Flip pages with care not to tear any more than the shreds it already is in.
Slowly turn to the last page to read my last words:



Every night I stare at a star studded sky wondering what’s in store for me. I try to connect the dots and form a picture only to realise some of them are missing. Someone once told me every time I shed a tear a twinkling star is born and when I will connect them I will be able to witness the journey of my life. Does that mean every time my heart broke a star fell down? Maybe, because that explains the missing dots so well. 


Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Little Hearts by Ravi Kumar

Introduction • Genre: Fiction / Romance • Publishers : Biblica Publications • Price: Rs. 195/- ( P.S: I got the book from the author for a review ) The crux of the novel is the awakening of a young innocent boy’s mind, intellect and body. His budding senses and intellect which go through a turbulent phase as he matures is brought out. This apart, some serious valid questions which troubled everyone at some point in their life are highlighted. Behind The book Source: Google Images

Book Review: Because I am a girl

Introduction ·          ISBN: 978-8-184-00156-3 ·          Genre : Non-Fiction ·          Price: Rs. 299/-   (I got this book from the publisher for a review) ·          Pages: 175 ·          Publishers: Random House Publishers I am a girl and I am proud to be one. But in our country this statement is not something each girl can say with pride in her voice. With changing times we are witnessing a storm which is brewing up and slowly will engulf the whole country in this tide of change. Because I am girl – Seven girls, seven lives is a wonderful collection of true stories of such girls who despite all odds changed the way the world saw them. Well for reasons of my chosing this book – there are many – First it being about women, second it being bas...

Book Review: The All Seeing Digital Eyes by Neville J Kattakayam

Introduction Source: Amazon.in ISBN:9781720184133 Genre:  Non-Fiction Publishers: AshNel Inc Price: Rs. 220/- (I got the book for review from the author)