Skip to main content

Book Review ~The Krishna Key by Ashwin Sanghi

Introduction

ISBN: 978-93-81626-68-9
Category: Thriller
Publishers: Westland Ltd
Price: Rs. 250/- 

Once in a while you come across a book which makes you feel ‘WOW’. The Krishna Key by Ashwin Sanghi is one such book. Combining history, mythology and geography with fiction the author has managed to create an excellent storyline which makes you feel like being on a roller coaster ride.

Behind the book

The Krishna Key is a furiously paced and riveting thriller that explores the ancient secrets of Vedic age and the Mahabharata.

The review in progress!
 About the Author

Ashwin Sanghi is an entrepreneur by profession but writing historical fiction in the thriller genre is his passion and hobby. For more details please visit www.sanghi.in

‘Me’ Thinks

I have a very bad habit of reading the last page of the book first before beginning to read the entire novel. It kind of convinces me to read it as I am able to gauge the flow of the story. But this book’s ending (Yes!! I read it before too despite the author’s note asking the readers not to) made me more curious to read it as it left me wondering what is in store for me. And needless to say I was not disappointed.

This book revolves around the belief of Lord Krishna taking birth in Kaliyug to save the world. Various permutations and combinations from Vedic Maths mixed with generous helpings of history, mythology and geography have been used to weave an intricate web of incidents taking you through all the four yugas and Vedas known to mankind.  Excellent description; teamed up with some brilliant sketches make it a captivating read. An honest confession, somewhere while reading the book I fell in love with the hero - Historian Ravi Mohan Saini. [And I thought history was boring!] Very well defined characters with a perfectly chalked out story spanning various locations Ashwin has conjured some brilliant nail biting moments page after page.

Just half way through when I had started feeling I have got a hang of it now and was guessing what next the author brought an amazing twist. It felt like being in a car on a bumpy road and experience a harsh turn almost throwing you out of the window. Though I hate history I simply devoured this book purely because of its gripping narration. An amazingly written fast paced thriller which can be easily compared to any action packed edge of the seat thriller movie.  The amount of research the author has done behind this book is truly commendable. A mind blowing effort which has ensured many jaw dropping moments in the book!

A must read for one and all – to change your beliefs, to challenge them and know our history and mythology better. Reading this book feels like being in a time machine shunting back and forth in time ensuring butterflies in your stomach. The only negative aspect in this book was as couple of places the names of the lead protagonist was mixed up with another characters name creating a confusion for a minute as you are left wondering did you get it wrong. But I would say they are very minor glitches compared to the grandeur of the book.

I admire Dan Brown, Sidney Sheldon & Jeffery Archer for their sheer ability to write thriller with such ease. After reading this book I can easily say Ashwin Sanghi has managed to do this for Indian fiction in his book.
Take a bow Ashwin Sanghi for having created such a fascinating masterpiece!

Foodie Verdict

Source: Google Images
This book is like Mexican Tacos. This dish is Mexican as the name suggests but is completely Indian with our Rajna adding a unique taste to it. Likeways this book has been written like any other international book but it is completely Indian at soul. Tangy, tasty, yummy and inviting!

This review is a part of the Book Reviews Program at BlogAdda.com. Participate now to get free books!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Little Hearts by Ravi Kumar

Introduction • Genre: Fiction / Romance • Publishers : Biblica Publications • Price: Rs. 195/- ( P.S: I got the book from the author for a review ) The crux of the novel is the awakening of a young innocent boy’s mind, intellect and body. His budding senses and intellect which go through a turbulent phase as he matures is brought out. This apart, some serious valid questions which troubled everyone at some point in their life are highlighted. Behind The book Source: Google Images

Book Review: Because I am a girl

Introduction ·          ISBN: 978-8-184-00156-3 ·          Genre : Non-Fiction ·          Price: Rs. 299/-   (I got this book from the publisher for a review) ·          Pages: 175 ·          Publishers: Random House Publishers I am a girl and I am proud to be one. But in our country this statement is not something each girl can say with pride in her voice. With changing times we are witnessing a storm which is brewing up and slowly will engulf the whole country in this tide of change. Because I am girl – Seven girls, seven lives is a wonderful collection of true stories of such girls who despite all odds changed the way the world saw them. Well for reasons of my chosing this book – there are many – First it being about women, second it being bas...

Book Review: The All Seeing Digital Eyes by Neville J Kattakayam

Introduction Source: Amazon.in ISBN:9781720184133 Genre:  Non-Fiction Publishers: AshNel Inc Price: Rs. 220/- (I got the book for review from the author)