Skip to main content

Book Review: Swimming through the Clouds by Rajdeep Paulus


Source: Google Images


I would firstly like to thank the author Rajdeep Paulus for sending across her book Swimming through the clouds for a review. 

It’s been a while I read a YA fiction and it was thoroughly refreshing reading her book. I had began to avoid YA fiction off late as they seemed to be having the same track and were beginning to drain me as I read them. But this book was different from the usual YA books that are floating around. The characters seem to be so real that at some points I cringed with them, shed copious tears and smiled seeing them happy. 


Swimming through clouds is a beautiful narration of heart touching tale between two people who are lost in life and are trying to find its meaning. They help each other evolve as they struggle through various stages of teenage and I truly admire the author for dealing with such delicate issues so beautifully.

The narration is so beautiful and lucid that it immediately connects you to the story making you want to keep reading it page after page so much so that when it ends you feel emptiness suddenly. As if you wanted the tale to just continue like that. I experienced the excitement of teenage crush, felt the pain of physical violence, pain of having lost a parent, the beauty of siblinghood and a whole lot of mixed emotions amidst these wonderfully written pages.

I would recommend this book for people who enjoy YA fiction as this one is surely not like other YA stories. The author has done an excellent job is writing a gripping story which moves you and leaves you feeling blessed!

*_ * _ * _*

Rajdeep Paulus, author of Swimming Through Clouds, is mommy to four princesses, wife of Sunshine, a coffee-addict and a chocoholic. As of this past June, she’s a Tough Mudder. To find out more, visit herwebsite or  connect with her via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, orInstagram.  

Love discovering new teen fiction? Download this FREE ebook sampler from Amazon!  
Featuring some of today’s strongest indie author voices, this Fall teen reads sampler is sure to connect you with your next page-turning read. Perfect for fans of Sara Zarr, Meg Cabot, Jennifer Hubbard, Melody Carlson, and more.

Download the drama before it’s too late! Offer expires September 17.

For even more of today’s best indie teen fiction, visitPlaylistFiction.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Little Hearts by Ravi Kumar

Introduction • Genre: Fiction / Romance • Publishers : Biblica Publications • Price: Rs. 195/- ( P.S: I got the book from the author for a review ) The crux of the novel is the awakening of a young innocent boy’s mind, intellect and body. His budding senses and intellect which go through a turbulent phase as he matures is brought out. This apart, some serious valid questions which troubled everyone at some point in their life are highlighted. Behind The book Source: Google Images

Book Review: Because I am a girl

Introduction ·          ISBN: 978-8-184-00156-3 ·          Genre : Non-Fiction ·          Price: Rs. 299/-   (I got this book from the publisher for a review) ·          Pages: 175 ·          Publishers: Random House Publishers I am a girl and I am proud to be one. But in our country this statement is not something each girl can say with pride in her voice. With changing times we are witnessing a storm which is brewing up and slowly will engulf the whole country in this tide of change. Because I am girl – Seven girls, seven lives is a wonderful collection of true stories of such girls who despite all odds changed the way the world saw them. Well for reasons of my chosing this book – there are many – First it being about women, second it being bas...

Book Review: The All Seeing Digital Eyes by Neville J Kattakayam

Introduction Source: Amazon.in ISBN:9781720184133 Genre:  Non-Fiction Publishers: AshNel Inc Price: Rs. 220/- (I got the book for review from the author)