Skip to main content

Behind the Book: Vinit K Bansal

Behind the Book is an endeavour to bring forward all those amazing authors who churn magic through their books, manage to touch our hearts and leave an imprint on our lives forever. Today we have yet another such author, Vinit. K. Bansal. He is a man who needs no introduction.
 
Vinit K. Bansal began his journey as a poet and soon, he graduated as prolific author and editor of national repute.His first novel 'I am Heartless' created a sensation in the Indian writing industry and is widely considered as one of the top ten Indian romantic novels that redefined romance. His anthology series 'Uff Ye Emotions' has been the synonym of success in the segment since the past couple of years.

Versatility remains the key factor in Vinit’s writing and has helped him create a niche for himself as a writer in both, Hindi and English language in fiction as well as in the non-fiction segment. Other than writing, he is a creative consultant and a motivational speaker as well, often conducting regular sessions on motivation and personality development in different academic institutes of India.He can be contacted at: author.vinitbansal@gmail.com or follow him at https://www.facebook.com/vini14jan. Let's hear him open up his heart and share a part of his life with us here:



1. First and foremost a warm welcome to Reviews and Musings. Thank you so much for sparing your time for us. I would like to congratulate you for your latest bookSoulmates: Love without Ownership tell us something about it.

Ans. Rather, I should be thankful to you for giving me a chance to get close to my readers. Thanks for the opportunity! “SOULMATES: LOVE WITHOUT OWNERSHIP” is a story of love, friendship, passion, obsession and sacrifice. The book tries to find out the answer of most common but difficult question – can there be a love without ownership. It tries to find out new dimension and definition of love.

2. As we all know an author draws inspiration from life around him for his stories. Who was the inspiration behind this saga of pain and love? Is it inspired from a true story?

Ans. Yes you are right. An author is someone who observes the people and incidents and then writes it down in his/her own way. I do the same. I write what I feel. 

When I started working on this story, there were only three words in my mind – “Love without Ownership”. I wanted to capture the purest form of emotions and that is – selflessness. In other words, the essence of love had itself inspired and motivated me to write it down. Thought, as a whole the story is a work of fiction but some incidents are inspired from real love.Now, don’t ask me whose’ real life. :)

3. After reading your books the first question that comes to the mind is – Love is painful. Your thoughts on this.

Ans. Yes it is. But still, it is the most beautiful feeling on this earth. Just like life – it could be miserable but still we crave for it.

4. Your writing explores various facets of romance and youth life. Any message that you would like to convey to them through your stories?

Ans. No, I neverwant to impose anything on my readers. They are smart enough to draw any meaning from the book. Butone thing I always believe – every person should fall in love at least once in life. It makes him/her a better person.

5. On a lighter note- which of your books is your favourite and why?

Ans. It’s “I Am Heartless”, as it is my own story. Infact, it is not a book. It is my life – how I have spent it… what I used to think, what were my insecurities, my inspirations, my relationships…. from mistakes I had committed to the confessions I made, everything has been told in the book. Infact, it’s not a book, it’s me – Vinit K. Bansal.

6. How different is Vinit K Bansal the author different from Vinit K Bansal the person?

Ans. There is no difference, not even a bit. From Masti to Work, Love to Hate… I do everything in fullest. Mad, stubborn and self-obsessed – that’s what how I am.

7. One advice you would like to give to all those aspiring authors who consider you as an ideal.

Ans. Be true to yourself first and then to others. Just concentrate on the purity of story rather than on other marketing stuff because at the end of the day it is only your hard work and creativity that will take you ahead in this field. Also, write from your heart.

8. Do we see you experimenting with genres in future? If yes which ones would you like to explore?

Ans. Yes, why not. Moreover, it is important for my personal and professional growth as a human being. Right now I am working on “U TURN: The Verdict” which I am co-authoring with my friend Saurabh Arya. Like my previous work this is not a love story. This is based on our country’s contemporary issues... something which people can relate to, something which is so real, something which needs lots of research and introspecting. Yes! I know this is a challenge for me to come out from my comfort zone and try a new genre. But I believe this is what life is all about: taking up new challenges and exploring the new dimensions of society.

Apart from this “The Real Heroes of India” and “The Money Makers” are also scheduled to hit the market this year. Both of the books belong to non-fiction genre. I am trying to cater each and every segment of readers.

9. We would like to know about any future projects you are currently working on. 

Ans. I have already told you about “U Turn”, “The Real Heroes of India” and “The Money Makers”. Apart from all these I am also working on Hindi translation of “Soulmates”.

10. Some words for your readers.

Ans.Very short, simple but important message for everyone, “Always love the person who loves you.”I am indebted to you for your love and support; you have given me open heartedly. Love You All! Stay Blessed!

Thank you so much for your time, we would like to wish you all the best for the future!


Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Desiccated Land by David Lepeska

  ISBN: 978-9395481205  Genre: Non-fiction Publisher: Vishwakarma Publications  Bringing together his experiences as a journalist and a keen observer, David Lepeska writes a raw and gut-wrenching book on Kashmir. Part memoir, part travelogue, and part reportage, Desiccated Land is a page-turner.  The book starts by tracing the history of the region along with his own history, as a student who was dimly aware of the history of Kashmir and the turmoil it has been causing for centuries between India and Pakistan. Lepenska takes us to Nilamata Purana ( likely written in the 7th century ) which tells us the story leading to the birth of this region. He also shares an alternate possibility of the word being derived from a lake ‘Mira’ named after Vedic Sage Kashyapa.  His first visit to Kashmir closely followed by his second (and much longer) visit as a journalist working for the Kashmir Observer after the 9/11 attacks, make for an interesting read. Lepeska had questions, a lot of them. An

From there to here to where

From this blog in 2011 to Barnes and Noble website, my reviewing journey has been full of surprises.  I am working on an essay tracing it and realized that I started reviewing books in 2001 (Yes! I am old) for a small library next to my house. Needless to add, my payment was in the books. The library owner also happened to be the first person who taught me how to write a book review and what to focus on. And that is where I learned why reviews matter.  Cut to 2016 when my book review was taught in a Literary Criticism class held by British Library. A relative happened to attend that class and the news spread like wildfire in the family. That is the moment when my family knew this much more than just a hobby. 

Book Review: Never Mind Yaar by K Mathur

Introduction ·          ISBN - 978-0-473-17480-4 ·          Genre: Fiction ·          Publishers: Southpac Publishers ·          Price: Rs. 350/- ( I got this book from Blog Adda for a review ) The title is an attitude - our tendency to feel defeated by the scale and nature of certain problems. Rather than meet them head on, we circumvent them with a sigh and a consoling “never mind, yaar”. When long time friends Binaifer Desai and Louella D’Costa meet Shalini Dayal at Gyan Shakti College, a true friendship that transcends cultural and religious backgrounds is born. Louella is a Christian, Binaifer, a Parsi and Shalini, a Hindu. The novel’s main plotline surrounds Shalini who has fallen for an impetuous student activist, Bhagu. Where does his desire to help the less fortunate lead him? The challenges are many - Shalini’s tradition bound family, the couple’s youth and inexperience and the travails of life in Mumbai, a city the girls love but know, is fraug