Skip to main content

Memories

I thought I am missing you, and then I realized I am not missing you. I am missing the person I became when I was with you; I am missing the feeling of being wanted that I got with you around… most importantly I am missing a part of me which I have left behind with you somewhere…..”

This was my status message on FB few days back. Someone commented – romantic yet painful

I replied – It’s always a pleasure to miss your loved ones.
 
So I was asked how it is a pleasure when that person is no longer with you

To which I replied – The person might not be but the memories with me are priceless.

Source: Google Images



Memories…. that’s what we gather throughout our lives. People come and go but their memories stay forever. And at the end all we have is a fistful of memories.

Memories are both good and bad. The bad ones occupy more space in our minds while the good ones, owing to their lightness are actually pretty much omnipresent. Most of the times we tend to let the bad ones overshadow the good ones while actually we should do the reverse. Good memories always come with a hug, bring warmth in the heart and leave us with tons of reasons to keep smiling while the bad memories seem like some ghost that sucks away anything that is good and positive in you, leaving you feeling drained out. 
Source: Google Images
 
I have been fortunate to have met some wonderful people in life though all of them did not stay in my life forever. Some have left while some seem to be on the verge of leaving. But that does not take away the beauty of the wonderful times I have had with them. 

Each one of them has taught me something. One taught me how to love, while someone taught me how to live. Laughing on one own-self, loving ourselves first, learning every moment in life, living as if it is your last day today, hugging your loved ones more frequently, saying I love you and meaning it… the list of things I learnt from them is so huge. 

Yes there have been some wrong people as well who have hurt me, broken my heart and made me question my beliefs but then I also know they have made me value the good people more because of them. And yes the lessons I have learnt from them too are priceless.

I do miss them, or maybe I just miss the memories I have had with them. And yes these memories are cherished throughout the life time for they make me what I am.


 

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Desiccated Land by David Lepeska

  ISBN: 978-9395481205  Genre: Non-fiction Publisher: Vishwakarma Publications  Bringing together his experiences as a journalist and a keen observer, David Lepeska writes a raw and gut-wrenching book on Kashmir. Part memoir, part travelogue, and part reportage, Desiccated Land is a page-turner.  The book starts by tracing the history of the region along with his own history, as a student who was dimly aware of the history of Kashmir and the turmoil it has been causing for centuries between India and Pakistan. Lepenska takes us to Nilamata Purana ( likely written in the 7th century ) which tells us the story leading to the birth of this region. He also shares an alternate possibility of the word being derived from a lake ‘Mira’ named after Vedic Sage Kashyapa.  His first visit to Kashmir closely followed by his second (and much longer) visit as a journalist working for the Kashmir Observer after the 9/11 attacks, make for an interesting read. Lepeska had questions, a lot of them. An

From there to here to where

From this blog in 2011 to Barnes and Noble website, my reviewing journey has been full of surprises.  I am working on an essay tracing it and realized that I started reviewing books in 2001 (Yes! I am old) for a small library next to my house. Needless to add, my payment was in the books. The library owner also happened to be the first person who taught me how to write a book review and what to focus on. And that is where I learned why reviews matter.  Cut to 2016 when my book review was taught in a Literary Criticism class held by British Library. A relative happened to attend that class and the news spread like wildfire in the family. That is the moment when my family knew this much more than just a hobby. 

Book Review: Never Mind Yaar by K Mathur

Introduction ·          ISBN - 978-0-473-17480-4 ·          Genre: Fiction ·          Publishers: Southpac Publishers ·          Price: Rs. 350/- ( I got this book from Blog Adda for a review ) The title is an attitude - our tendency to feel defeated by the scale and nature of certain problems. Rather than meet them head on, we circumvent them with a sigh and a consoling “never mind, yaar”. When long time friends Binaifer Desai and Louella D’Costa meet Shalini Dayal at Gyan Shakti College, a true friendship that transcends cultural and religious backgrounds is born. Louella is a Christian, Binaifer, a Parsi and Shalini, a Hindu. The novel’s main plotline surrounds Shalini who has fallen for an impetuous student activist, Bhagu. Where does his desire to help the less fortunate lead him? The challenges are many - Shalini’s tradition bound family, the couple’s youth and inexperience and the travails of life in Mumbai, a city the girls love but know, is fraug