Skip to main content

Bookmarked Musings~ Week # 1




An old bookshelf fell apart last night. It was bought from a second-hand market a decade ago and as per the report of the carpenter working on it, is still strong. Just a few repairs and it will be up. On the outside, one could never guess some of the nails holding the shelves had come loose.

.
.
.
The first thing I noticed was the beauty in the mess created. ❤️
.
.
.

The second thing I thought was, aren't we a bit like this bookshelf?😢
Constantly weighing down ourselves with others' expectations, what society thinks, what if, and what but. To an extent that one day we break down bogged down by all the weight we have been carrying over for years.
.
.
.
On the outside, our body looks great. Nobody can see what we are going through on the inside. The chaos, the heartbreak, the pain, and the tears, only we know. What is broken may not be visible but we know where and how it hurts.
.
.
.
When the pain gets unbearable we visit a doctor, who might give us a prescription filled with pills and syrups while all that our heart needs in that moment is... love.

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Little Hearts by Ravi Kumar

Introduction • Genre: Fiction / Romance • Publishers : Biblica Publications • Price: Rs. 195/- ( P.S: I got the book from the author for a review ) The crux of the novel is the awakening of a young innocent boy’s mind, intellect and body. His budding senses and intellect which go through a turbulent phase as he matures is brought out. This apart, some serious valid questions which troubled everyone at some point in their life are highlighted. Behind The book Source: Google Images

Book Review: Because I am a girl

Introduction ·          ISBN: 978-8-184-00156-3 ·          Genre : Non-Fiction ·          Price: Rs. 299/-   (I got this book from the publisher for a review) ·          Pages: 175 ·          Publishers: Random House Publishers I am a girl and I am proud to be one. But in our country this statement is not something each girl can say with pride in her voice. With changing times we are witnessing a storm which is brewing up and slowly will engulf the whole country in this tide of change. Because I am girl – Seven girls, seven lives is a wonderful collection of true stories of such girls who despite all odds changed the way the world saw them. Well for reasons of my chosing this book – there are many – First it being about women, second it being bas...

Book Review: The All Seeing Digital Eyes by Neville J Kattakayam

Introduction Source: Amazon.in ISBN:9781720184133 Genre:  Non-Fiction Publishers: AshNel Inc Price: Rs. 220/- (I got the book for review from the author)